Thursday 30 December 2010

My child's heart

Josephine loves flowers. And she loves picking them and giving them to us and then telling us how much she loves us. Isn't it beautiful? Children don't often have things to give. They can't waltz into a shop like us, buy a toy or perfume, wrap it up and give it. They don't have access to money at this age. So what can they give? A flower. I just think that's so lovely. When she gives me a flower, it really melts my heart. I wish the petals would always stay fresh. I have pressed one or two to preserve the memory.
Here's a photo of an Autumn blossom in Japan that she just gave me. She had a real tough wrestle with the bush who didn't want to give it up. Fortunately, no one saw. Her little heart is more precious to me than rules though - generally speaking. (sometimes I do have to tell her not to pick, especially from florists or botanic gardens where people come to look at the flowering bushes which would be bare if we stuck around much longer.)
Anyway, here is tangible love gift from Josephine...