Friday 17 December 2010

Baby/toddler music group

On Friday a bunch of 5 mums meet with their little ones. Four of the five children were all born within 3 weeks of each other. The 5th one is about 3 months younger. It's a lovely mix. One mom is from Romania. The other 2 are German. One is from Chile and then me from South Africa. But German is the common language there. Wierd! Well, we're all married to German husbands I suppose. ;-)

Anyway, we decided to save costs and not join organised music groups, but do it ourselves. And it works well! Each mom has a song and we've taught each other. I do Old MacDonald. I know it's a little corny, but well, they knew that one a little, so it worked. Actually, did you know that Old MacDonald is translated and sung in many languages? I didn't before.

Anyway, here are some photos of Evie and I at our little Christmas party we had last week. Fun!!! This is a highlight for Evie and I during the week. She loves it! Evie loves dancing, doing the actions and being in the middle doing twirls :-) Too cute the way she always catches herself on her back leg to avoid tripping over her own feet as she turns!!!