Saturday 27 August 2011

Facials and wands

Just how can you be cross with a 4,5 year old who:

...has wandered out of bed (an hour after being tucked in) with about 10 little round "Hello Kitty" stickers stuck on her face so that she looks like she's having acne treatments done or something....she stands in the doorframe virtually unaware of her ongoing facial treatment (long forgotten) and looks frustrated...."where is my wand? I NEED my wand!!!"

Of course, of course, with an inner smile and an imagined jaw dropped open, I ask her to say please and why on earth she would be needing a wand at 9.30pm. It's bed time, I insist. No, she NEEDS that wand. Finally, I do find out it's not a wand she needs, but a special pencil which Kenji, Ion and Perry just sent her in the post from Japan which has a swinging jewel on the top.