Friday 22 October 2010

A record day today: At the park

A record day? Yip. Today was the FIRST day that I've ever managed to POOP out my children. They were bushed! Usually I have to read and read and read and then still leave them to settle themselves. But today, I had to scrape Josephine's limbs off the kitchen table (see last photo) as she muttered in her deep sleep after just nodding off 5 minutes before...Today, I'm giving myself a NONNY badge!

So, to start at the beginning: Today I fetched Josephine early from KG and we spent a nice time together. Yay!!! She was quite tired as she'd already started her day at 4.30am. So she relaxed for about an hour with some TV and helping me in the kitchen. And then, we hit the streets with our Pukies to explore our neighbourhood a bit (at her request) and then finally get to the park for some serious playing.

So, here we go....

there she goes on her Puky bike. This is our neighbourhood. Lots of telephone lines overhead!

waiting for the green man!

a quick smooch (have to confess, it was all my idea though..) x

a shrine along the way. We didn't go in, but there were lots of streamers in the trees, things that look like bird houses/lamp posts. Ravens. Trees.


And then, we hit the park....

And a little Japanese girl, called Tama, came straight to Evie and they hit it off!

Bye-bye Evie!

there she goes! Ain't that cute! 2 weeks walking now!

Whilst Josephine (aka Tarzan) tests her limits and her mother's heart.


and on the other end of the park...Evie making friends, and digging in the sand.

Beautiful Josephine on a panda

My girls! (someone kindly offered to take these pictures for me!)

and this kiss was voluntary. Those are the best.

sticks, stones, puddles when it rains. Who needs Fisher Price??

and off she goes!


And then..highlight of the day: she adopted a dog for the rest of the afternoon! The owner was very kind and let her walk it, throw balls for it, etc etc. She LOVED it. I do believe that at some point Michael and I will have to visit a pet shop....albeit only once we're back in Germany. But it will be an unavoidable pitstop.

Evie, just doing her thing

The girls and the dog. Didn't even catch his name. But he scored BIG brownie points.

Evie in a pot plant that had been de-potted (or whatever!)

AND......THE WINNER IS................


MAMMA!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!
This is a FIRST!!
My precious little Josephine who is still small and mostly innocent.
xx