Tuesday 14 September 2010

Moving in!

So this is what we were up to last weekend...it has kept us rather busy...reason for no updates.
Everything went smoothly and the Japanese packers/UNpackers were very careful and hardworking, sweating it out in the heat and not wanting my refreshment offers (work ethics here?). Anyway.
The first bunch arrived to pick up our rented furniture at 8am and the next bunch arrived at 9am to unload the container.

the rented furniture from kitchen and lounge. Josephine aka "Sportikus" doing her sportikus tricks with Pappa


At port, they unloaded our things into 3 smaller trucks (everything in Japan is small compared to the rest of the world!)



And here, you can see the kids revelling in their toys and familiar things. "OH! Look!! Mamma! Here are my space goggles!!"

I love the pulled-down eyes! Looks warped somehow!



My little Evie


setting up Josephine's bed (one of the 4 Japanese guys helping here)




some boxes for the kitchen (a nice task for me to unpack. Thankfully done now!)

So, that's it!

I'll post of how the place looks once I get a chance to go around taking more pics.

x

PS the move happened (for my record) on 4-5th of September 2010